12 Apr Choc-mint protein bars
These filling high protein bars are tasty and easy to make. No baking is required. Boom! Just whizz in your thermy, press into a pan, set in the fridge and voila. Tasty delicious, nutritious healthy treats. I based this creation on this recipe by Camilla from Power Hungry.
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 x 400g can unseasoned organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 medjool dates (seeds removed)
- ¾ cup protein powder. I used the doTERRA V Shake
- ¼ cup Cacao
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 drops doTERRA Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops doTERRA Spearmint essential oil
- Optional: 2 tbsp chocolate melted to drizzle over the top. I used Loving Earth.
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking paper. Leave extra overhanging so you can press the mixture down.
- Process the quinoa flakes, beans, dates, vanilla, protein powder, cacao and milk in a thermomix for 30s/ speed 4 or blend in a food processor until very smooth. Add the essential oils and pulse until mixture is well-blended and comes together to form a dough. About 5 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan; wrap the overhang lining over bars and press to flatten. Refrigerate for 1 hour then remove and cut into bars.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week, if not gobbled up before that.